Tuesday, January 31, 2017

"Missing Go Noodle would be horrible!"

This morning I had a conversation with a student of mine regarding our daily schedule. It is a Monday morning and I forgot to change a specific part of the daily schedule for the day.  If I ever doubted that doing movement breaks, calming yoga, and dancing were a waste of time in my room, this proved that it is loved and necessary!

Student:  Mrs. Moore, why does our schedule say guidance and then library?
Me:  Oops!  I forgot to move guidance.  That was from Friday.
Student:  Oh good!  Because then we wouldn't be able to do Go Noodle today.
Me: Would that be a bad thing?
Student:  It would be a horrible thing!  I love doing Go Noodle!

Sometimes, it's the little things that make a big impact on our students.


2 comments:

  1. Lori, I completely agree that we need to get kids moving more in the classroom. I haven't heard of Go Noodle. Would it be appropriate for third graders? During inside recesses, my students love to play Just Dance on the SMART Board. I love that they choose to get their energy out instead of playing on Chromebooks. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes we never know those little things that kids love the most!

    ReplyDelete